Opening Nights Performing Arts (ONPA) is the professional performing arts presenter at Florida State University. ONPA engages the university, local, and global communities in creative experiences by presenting over eighty performances, events, and education experiences in up to thirteen venues on and off campus October through April annually.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the development and management of marketing, advertising, public relations, promotions, and web/social presence for Opening Nights Performing Arts (ONPA) at Florida State University and provides additional oversight and support of special events and artist programming. This position reports directly to the Director, ONPA.
1. Responsible for the planning, developing, coordinating, managing, and implementing of the ONPA annual and long-term marketing strategies. Develops and manages all marketing, advertising, promotional, web/social, and public relations plans that articulate focused and diverse efforts to exceed earned revenue goals through event ticket sales and enhance the ONPA brand. Cultivates new and sustains current audience relationships using print, electronic, and other innovative communication and retention marketing vehicles. Develops and sustains strategic and collaborative marketing partnerships with University colleges and departments, relevant community organizations, stakeholders, and industry professionals.
2. Works with University Communications to manage the editing and production of traditional and electronic collateral to market and advertise the annual performing arts series and other ONPA initiatives (community engagement, campus involvement, K12 programs), oversees the photography and videography of performances and events, and steers the production of press and media releases.
3. Oversees overall design and coordinates regular updates to the departmental website – including updating performances, maintaining up-to-date information for artists, supervising membership and sponsorship pages, etc. Manages social media accounts for the department on all platforms and maintains an aggressive content calendar to keep ONPA messaging timely, on trend, and engaging.
4. Collaborates with the ONPA Development Officer and FSU Foundation to develop and create fundraising collateral aimed at prospects, current sponsors, and high-level members. Coordinates all materials with the Florida State University Foundation to ensure brand and University compliance. Maintains detailed records in order to develop and design an annual report summarizing each season’s success, which is distributed to ONPA stakeholders, sponsors, and members.
5. Serves as ONPA’s liaison at meetings, press events, and other administrative occurrences on campus and within the community. Represents ONPA as an advocate and spokesperson at events relevant to the organization’s marketing and audience development efforts.
6. Assists the ONPA Director with programming efforts – particularly events surrounding film, spoken word, and written word. Scouts events and provides in-depth research as needed. Collaborates with artist management to secure artists for ONPA series.
7. In cooperation with ONPA staff, participates in the development and implementation of department policies, procedures, goals, and objectives. Handles other duties as assigned. Assists ONPA with administrative duties relating to the execution of the series as needed.