Conservation Concepts LLC is a multidisciplinary environmental consulting and advocacy firm for non profits at the local, state and national level in order to promote sustainability, transform policies, raise campaigns, grow movements and strengthen coalitions. It is with strategic input and guidance that we will help shape conservation in South Florida.
We are currently seeking Fall Semester interns interested in working for clean energy, stopping the fossil fuel industry, and addressing climate change. This position typically runs 18 weeks, for 10-15 hours per week and will aid in at least two campaigns, against single-use plastics in the state of Florida and in the promotion of Climate issues in the face of the upcoming 2020 election. Current student standing is not necessary. This is a work from home position with flexible hours, and locations and the opportunity to come into the office as needed. We are seeking interns to operate based out of our Tallahassee office. Pay: $10-$15 /Hr depending on experience.
1. Work under Environmental Program Manager to help manage website, social media channels, and post creative content focusing on renewable energy, offshore oil drilling, and climate change solutions.
2. Train and manage volunteers and street team staff throughout the state of Florida in education and outreach events.
3. Database volunteer activity, track daily results, and assist in logistical and administrative duties around different campaigns.
This role will work directly underneath the Environmental Program Manager to assist in the following:
• Build a broad coalition in support of the various campaigns
• Recruit and train volunteers
• Attend weekly core group meetings, keep track of our progress in recruiting coalition partners
• Work with program manager and street teamers to set campaign goals for grassroots tactics such as gathering petition signatures
• Track and record the petition signatures we receive
• Work with Program Manager to decide campaign strategy and goals for media coverage
• Manage social media platforms and post new creative content
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Self-motivated individual able to keep on task with minimal supervision.
Method of transportation or ability to get around in the greater Tallahassee area.
Strong interest in environmental or clean energy issues and commitment to social change.
Experience with social media use.
Desire to develop campaign organizing skills.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter & resume to SGarcia@ConservationConceptsLLC.org (Subject: Environmental Policy