2019 American Advertising Awards (ADDY® Awards)
Sponsored by the American Advertising Federation, the American Advertising Awards, also known as the ADDY® Awards, honor excellence in advertising and cultivate the highest creative standards in the industry. It is the largest creative awards competition in the advertising industry, attracting over 40,000 entries combined every year. This competition is a three-tier national competition, and submitting locally to AAF Tallahassee is the first step. If you win locally, you will move on to the second tier, Districts. District ADDY® winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage. Because this is the only three-tiered competition in Advertising, an ADDY® is widely renowned as the most difficult advertising award to earn.
- The large entry card and bag used in previous years is no longer required. Please visit the “Entry Submission” section in the Tallahassee portal for the new guidelines.
- New Awards:
- With this year’s election season, we have new awards categories for political-focused awards.
- We’re excited to announce the launch of local-specific awards that celebrate and honor professionals, in-house teams and agencies in Tallahassee. For more information on In-House Team of the Year, Small Agency of the Year, Midsize Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year, click here. For more information on AdPro of the Year, visit the nomination form.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Review your creative work completed between January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018 and select what you feel are your very best projects. Make sure you have two copies of each item you submit.
- Collect the names and titles of all those involved in the creative you select (designers, project managers, writers, etc.). Then collect the digital and tangible assets of your projects (*.pdfs, *.jpg, *.png, *.mov or *.mp4, etc.).
- Visit 4AAF.com and click your location on the AAF Fourth District affiliate map.
- When your competition page opens, register as an entrant (Professional or Student) or log in if you entered previously.
- Select the entry division and use the simple drop-down menus to enter your information.
- Submit digital and physical entries in the manner each category requires.
- Print the manifest listing all of your entries and payment options.
- Bring your physical entries (and payment if paying by check) to the designated local drop-off site on the deadline day.
- Normal Entry: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm at CoLab @ the Pod (124 Marriott Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32301). This is the only deadline for student entries.
- Late Entry: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm at CoLab @ the Pod (124 Marriott Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32301). Please note that we’re only accepting physical entries on January 16 for those who pay the late entry fees. For those who are paying the normal entry fee, they must submit their physical entry on January 9.
- If your submission is completely digital, such as a website or video, you do not need to submit a physical copy as long as you upload your assets to the online entry portal and pay online.
- No entries will be accepted after 7:00pm on Wednesday, January 16. If you need to make arrangements to drop off your packets at an earlier date please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your tickets to the 2018 – 2019 American Advertising Awards on Saturday, February 16, 2019 (coming soon).